Re: SSH attacks ?

On Sep 16, 2004, at 9:48 AM, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone's been seeing a lot of SSH attempts to their machines
lately. I've seen at least 30 - 60 unautorizhed, brute force attempts to each
of my server daily, and they come from different domain everyday.

If, by brute force, you mean the "Admin/root/guest" dumb attempts, then yes, I have about one attempt daily. This has been going on for at least the last month or so IIRC. As long as you're patched and not using incredibly poor passwords, you'll be fine. Search the NANOG archives if you need more detail.

-- Jason Dixon, RHCE DixonGroup Consulting http://www.dixongroup.net