Postfix myorigin

I've set up a bunch of Postfix servers in the past, but I have these two
new Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 AS servers running Postfix that don't use
the "myorigin" parameter in main.cf for some reason.

mydomain = foo.com
myhostname = mail.foo.com
myorigin = $mydomain

Whenever I send mail out from the command line using either the mail or
sendmail command, the mail will be sent as "root@xxxxxxxxxxxx" instead of
"root@xxxxxxx".  It uses whatever the hostname of the machine is...not the
hostname listed in main.cf.  If I run the command "hostname
newname.foo.net" and then send mail out, it will go out as
"root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".   I've never seen this problem before on any other
servers.  Chaning the myorigin parameter to anything and running 'postfix
reload' has no effect.

Also, I tried addding the "masquerade_domain = foo.com" option but it
didn't change anything.

Thanks,
Chris