Re: GNOME Login Problem

OK ... So then it's pretty safe to assume that it's not something in the environment then. How about network connectivity? Are you able to reach the rest of your network without any problems? What are you using for authentication? NIS or LDAP?

What about your defualtrouter and DNS setup, is that all correct? I assume that you can open a browser and get to the web ok (logged in as root, of course)?

Also one lat thing to try ... Create a user that's in your authentication system but put the home directory local on the workstation and see if that works? I'm wondering if there is some issue with write permissions in the authentication process.

-brian

Brian D. McGrew { brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx || pacemakertaker@xxxxxxxxx }