Re: how to use sendmail as a client

Lito Lampitoc wrote:
I want it to be automated, for example, logwatch or tripwire by default sends e-mail to root user in box1 whenever there is unusual activity, what I want is, these e-mails or reports redirected to my admin account in box2. How? and shall I need a running sendmail daemon here?

The topic of sending e-mail without sendmail actually running on the box has been discussed before on this list. If I remeber correctly, you would have to edit submit.mc and change or remove the reference to using the MSP (message submission program). Try searching the list archives.

Steve Cowles