Re: Switching SMTP "on"

kenwardc wrote:

Hi Steve

OK - NOT SO FAST mate! <grin> Actually getting the system to work has
created even more issues for me and, me being the brilliant expert I
am on Linux mail servers... err... NOT... I have no idea what to do
about it.

<SNIP>

Any help mucho appreciated as usual!
Chris

Chris, it sounds to me like you're using a sledgehammer instead of a chipping hammer.

Have you tried sending a mail with postfix without all the other stuff you're trying to do?

I mean, it sounds like you're relatively new at this. I can't understand why you'd want to mess with multiple things without making sure all components work separately first.

So, again, to question 1: Without anything else active now, CAN you send mail?

P.S. You also did not mention (as far as I can tell from your posts) whether you have a domain set up or whether your mail needs to deliver via your ISP?

Regards,
Ed.