Re: Sendmail can't receive from remote or another domain

Looks like you need IMAP or POP3 server to receive emails by my understanding. Sendmail only sends emails. It does not recieve them. See if you have IMAP installed by doing rpm -q IMAP. If it is installed then just setup port forwarding, and of course, start the IMAP server.:-)

Regards,
Ben

From: NYINYI <NYINYI@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Sendmail can't receive from remote or another domain
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:38:17 +0630

Thanks Mike Burger ,

My sendmail , DNS are mmg.net.mm , infront of my sendmail server had our Fortinet Firewall and our ISP ,
I want to receive another domain and remote mail . yahoo mail .. etc.
I didn't find sendmail.wc in my Redhat 9.0's sendmail.I can create or not this sendmail.wc .

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:20:18 -0500 (EST) Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, NYINYI wrote:
>
> > 3. I'm using sendmail in Redhat 9.0,I have sendmail server .I want to get my sendmail remote or another domain ,I can't send and receive.
> > How can i put all remote mail in MX record in DNS.How about receiving ,where can i configure ?
>
> By the way...in doing some digging, if this is for your mmg.com.mm, you
> may have more issues.
>
> I see that all of your MX records for your mmg.com.mm domain point
> elsewhere (bagan.net.mm). If you don't control the 4 bagan.net.mm mail
> servers which are set up as your MX records, or don't control mmg.com.mm's
> DNS server, you won't be able to receive mail for mmg.com.mm, anyhow.

I didn't understand what do you mean this one above ?

Thanks in advance

NYINYI
MMG Technologies