Re: [RH List] RE: Separate shell and www servers...

Ben Yau wrote:

How many users are we talking?

If you favor security over timeliness, you may want to set something up with
rsync where your www server can rsync to your sh server but not the other
way around.  Have it run out of cron every minute or so on the www server.
For example, on shell server let's say the webdir is in
/home/username/webdir and on your webserver it translates to
/home/www/username

rsync shellserver:/home/username/webdir/ /home/www/username

Couple of hundred users, with a couple of several hundred sites (several sites per user.) I need it to be live in that when a user makes a change, it gets reflected right away, so the rsync idea wouldn't work - even running it every minute because the amount of data that it will be transferring back and forth. I have users that do massive changes to their site, and that would take more than a minute to transfer back and forth. That's why I thought of using an active NFS mount. I'm just not sure how to implement it.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130