Re: Need to change the source address in sendmail

Well, I changed my sendmail.mf file's MASQUERADE_AS(`abc.com')dnl, abc.com is the source domain that I want to be.   but it still shown as root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  In fact, I did install postfix before and configured the /etc/postfix/main.cf  's myorigin=abc.com  but it still shown as root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  And my friend told me that it is because my postfix is taken over by sendmail.  So I stop my sendmail.. and restart the postfix.. postfix start fine..  but I still cannot send mail via postfix as the source address that define in main.cf  "myorigin=abc.com" when I am using root.

what my friend told me was it is because, I am still using Sendmail, namely because sendmail(1) is the Sendmail MTA and not Postfix' sendmail binary.

BUT I wonder what he said is true or not now.  As later I tried to start both sendmail and postfix and using the postfix command (mail -s "subject" david@xxxxxxxxx < /file using other user account for example david instead of root.  It does show the source address as david@xxxxxxxx  But I wonder it doesn't apply to root.  Anyone can tell me??

> Aug  4 00:57:42 watcher sendmail[21068]: i73Gvgrd021068: from=root,
size=52, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<200408031657.i73Gvgrd021068@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, relay=root@localhost

Stuart Sears <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 17:45, Stuart Sears wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 17:36, jim martin wrote:
> > Hi.. i am using sendmail in Fedora Core1 to send email. And I found that my source email address is always root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mylinux is my hostname and mycompany is my company domain name. but how can change my source email address to root@xxxxxxx or myname@xxxxxxx?? where is the setting??? Is that in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf ? But I don't know where should I change.
> You can add somethinglike something like
> to one of the lines in sendmail.mc
> FEATURE (MASQUERADE AS `domain.com')
> I believe...
oops. Well it was _nearly_ in English...