quota

OK-

Seeing how the RHEnterprise seems to skip this little tid-bit of info, can someone please fil me in.

I am trying to run quotacheck on /var/spool/mail on a live system, via cron, as recomended.

Unfortunately this is what happens:

-bash </var/spool> sudo quotacheck -vug /var/spool/mail
quotacheck: Quota for users is enabled on mountpoint /var/spool/mail so quotacheck might damage the file.
Please turn quotas off or use -f to force checking.

OK, so what is the propoer procedure for checking quotas on a live system. I obviously need to check it while the system is live.and for /var/spool/mail I should probably do it once per night...

should I just setup a script that does a qutoaoff, quotacheck -avgu, quotaon?

Thanks in advance,

Jeffrey A. St. Pierre
Head System Administrator
Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research (CCAR)
University of Colorado
Boulder, Colorado  80309
Office:  303 492-8109