From: Pete Nesbitt <pete@xxxxxxxxx>
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: updating RH9
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:53:15 -0700

On July 7, 2004 05:19 am, Ben Sewell wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried using up2date as soon as I loaded into GNOME on RH9 on a fresh
> installation. However, it doesnt work. I need a package updater for RH9
> using a GUI. I have heard about yum and apt-get but do these work?
>
> Regards,
> Ben

Hi,
RH 9 is no longer supported directly. You need to use www.fedoralegacy.org to
get the updates. Visit that site and read the instructions (in download or
documentation link) to set up either yum or apt to use with RH9 and the
fedora-legacy repository.

I don't know of a GUI tool, you can probably set up2date to use Fedora Legacy,
but yum or apt seem to be the most popular solutions.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce