Re: iptables and mysql...

Ed Greshko wrote:

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 14:48, Crucificator wrote:

/> I suggest you reserve your comments for threads where you have
sufficient experience. Most DBA's are probably giggling at your comment. Real web applications routinely (more often than not) segregate their data store on separate (redundant) servers. Using SSL connections in addition to x.509 certs provides not only encryption, but authentication as well.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting

Dear Jason, most NA are probably giggling at your comment. I currently administer such a server wich serves tunneled dynamic HTTP for SQL for 42 locations country-wide. We DO NOT have redundant servers. Have you heard of RAID solutions? And it saves bandwidth, time and money as well. I believe the lack of experience lies elsewere.../

Ed

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
   - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.

Yes Ed, I agree with you and I apologise in this matter. Please see my last post in thread "Router/Firewall Recommendation" and you will understand also why jason was so upset.

I believe that a few users of this list (and other lists also) have forgotten why these lists were started in the first place. First time users get scared when they see conversations like that one with the "f**k" and even have to apologise that they are newbies. The list was brought-up for them especially. They don't need help (if it's any help to them) from people that woke up facing the bed...

Main thing is that errors make evolution work and some people fail to see that. Any way no matter how idiotic a mail could be, diplomacy didn't hurt no one.

Last but not the least, where is the list administrator? There are things that should not pass him. There are subscribers here that didn't reach the age of 18 I believe.