Re: any 1 can help me

harsh gupta wrote:
hi
can u tell me from where i can get the Linux RPM Files
like
MP3 player Software OR (RPM file)
tell Me how can i play mp3 file's in linux i have install xmms
ah, but xmms in RH has the mp3 functionality removed due to patent issues. You can get the xmms-mp3 package from http://freshrpms.net if you need it.
& allso tell me how can i play video file like .MPG , .Dat .etc

There are a number of good video players for linux. Arguably the two most popular are Mplayer Xine although there are others, depending on your preferences.

They don't all play all formats - some formats are proprietary and there aren't any completely functional codecsfor linux as yet.
once again these rpms are available for various versions of RH and Fedora.

to install them, provided you have a decent net connection, apt or yum might be a good choice

ie d/l and install apt4rpm or yum
then apt-get install mplayer
or yum install mplayer

[or xine, etc, etc...]