Re: Router/Firewall Recommendation

On Jun 25, 2004, at 10:13 AM, Otto Haliburton wrote:

Well, somebody took the bait. I'm sure with pinpoint accuracy he used
satellite communications to send a uplink that lands in your wireless
network ignoring all other wireless networks to exactly with great care
access only yours with consistency, I mean how did he select yours over all
others cause these wireless adapters have infinite power to roam and access
the world. And if you believe this I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.
I suppose with a wireless network a local person within range of your
network might be able to penetrate it.('m not sure, but I do know it is not
trivial). If you need that much security, why would you go wireless to
start out with. Look at the intelligent community, they have been able to
penetrate wireless for years. And if you know anything about cell phones I
would suggest that you not talk about secrets if you are in that environ,
but of course, you have to know a lot to take advantage of these things and
you need the proper equipment(you do need this).

You're a moron. The more you open your mouth, the more you expose yourself as the poser you really are.

It takes no skill for an uneducated employee to plug in a WAP into a (otherwise secure) network segment. Immediately, your entire corporate network is exploitable. I routinely walk around with my Zaurus, amazed at the number of wide-open wireless segments in these corporate business parks.

If you don't believe/understand that, you're living in denial.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting