RH9 custom installer boot weirdness

Following the instructions on
http://www.techonthenet.com/linux/rh9_update.htm, I've created a custom
RH9 installer.  However, when I burn the first ISO and boot from it, I get
presented with the install selection screen (press enter for graphical,
type "linux text" for text mode, etc etc).  At this point the install
proceeds to boot from the existing install on the HDD, rather than
continuing from the CD.

I've had no luck finding anything about this on the 'net, so any
assistance would be most welcome.

--
Matthew Poole