Re: Router/Firewall Recommendation

On Jun 23, 2004, at 5:19 AM, Mike Burger wrote:
Just a thought, IMHO if you use a inksys router with nat then you do
have a
firewall, in fact a very effective hardware firewall. I don't think
you can
get better performance and security at the same time. I would put all
my
computers behind the linksys router and forget it.

I agree. You've got a purpose-built appliance device instead of a general-use OS with all of it's myriad exploits.

Just run the hardware firewall and forget about it.

Well, that really does depend on just what you want to do, and how in depth you want your firewalling to be.

If you're that worried about security, just unplug the network cable and be done with it.

- Mark
-----
mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx