Re: RedHat on Sun Equipment

At 06:40 6/18/2004, Ted Beaton wrote:
Will RedHat run on a Sun Enterprise 450 server without any special configuration?

http://www.auroralinux.org

Aurora Linux is a port of Red Hat Linux 7.3 to the sparc architecture. In my experience, and judging from posts to its mailing list, it has been rock-solid and my U1 and SS5 machines have logged uptimes of 300 days at a time without a hiccup. Aurora is now working to rollout its second version, which will attempt to be close to the package list and features of Fedora Core 2. This is still two months away or so, I'd guess.

As to whether your E450 is compatible, I would guess so. But either the FAQ will answer your questions, or you can post to the mailing list which is very low-traffic, but gets very quick responses. There is also an IRC space on which you can chat with a few others usually.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com