Re: X Desktop Became Default On It's Own

Real Cucumber wrote:

I have a dual boot system with Redhat 8 on its on
disk, and it has worked fine for abouta year and boots
into my normal Ximian desktop but for some reason now
when I boot up it uses the X desktop and I can't
figure out why since nothing changed.

I then tried running the ximian installer through X
and it fails saying there is no version available for
my OS (Redhat 8).

Anybody know how to fix this?

What do you mean by X desktop? Just the plain vanilla X server background with a black 'X' cursor?

Is so, sounds like your Window Manager (Gnome, KDE etc.) isn't loading.

Regards,
Ed.