Re: Run RedHat Config Remotely

Mike Burger wrote:
Sure...as long as the graphical tools are actually installed on the RH9 server.

The easiest way is:

Make sure you're running X on the SuSE system, and from that X session, open up an xterm, and ssh to the RH9 box. Now, start up the command for the RH configuration tool you want. The default configuration for sshd on RH9 allows the forwarding of X apps over SSH.

The less easy way is:

From your X session on the SuSE box, open an xterm, and telnet to the RH9
box. Once logged into the RH9 box, type "export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0", where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the actual IP of your SuSE box. Then, start up the command for the RH configuration tool you want to use.

hmmm, this is not my day definitely 'Error: Can't open display:' is all I get :(

I'm using xterm on Suse. I ssh on RedHat box then type "export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0" and then 'xclock' but Error: Can't open display: is output.