Re: Two interfaces on the same network

At 22:51 6/8/2004, AL Chane wrote:
   Users need first to use ethernet (eth0) to access http server
   to setup wireless(eth1) like SSID, WEP. Once wireless is setup,
   two interface eth0/eth1 with two IPS exist in the same network.
   If user unplug the ethernet wire, wireless won't work unless
   I make ethernet down or change ethernet IP to different network.

I do not really have the knowledge about routing to help you. However, I can suggest that you look for a way to get packets to be sent out on the same interface as they came in. Alternately, you could really make it accessible by wired *or* wireless and detect the link status. If there is an Ethernet cord and a wired link active, use that interface. If that link goes down, use the wireless. Make the wired link take priority for troubleshooting and setup.

Surely you're not the first guy to have this problem, so the answer must be out there somewhere. Look for routing issues, mailing lists, etc. Check what other camera manufacturers have done (there are some based on Linux). And so on.

Just some thoughts.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com