RE: perl nightmare

What is the *best* method to load perl modules?

I am trying to load the GD module from CPAN with;

perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install GD

This "should" work however I use a similar method which has worked for me. Keep in mind that I've been studying Perl for about 8 months (and yes.. writing code for work ::grinz::)

Here is one such installation I performed recently.

perl -MCPAN -e 'install HTML::TreeBuilder'

I'm wondering if you have the GD Library installed on the system. This module interfaces with the library. Just a guess.

You mentioned this is the bottom of the errors. Can you send me the entire list of errors generated? I've found that dependancies could be announced in the middle of all the error reporting. Usually stating another module that is missing.

Finally, you might want to consider joining the perl beginners mail list. This is something that would be better answered there. Believe me, they are awesome!

http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=beginners