From: Reuben D. Budiardja [mailto:techlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 8:41 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: network time settings - was Re: Decrypt Passwords

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 08:06 am, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> From: "Gary Stainburn" <gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > time', but I want to make sure that box's dates set right first.
> >
> > I also want to set up so my other unixen sync to this box too.
>
> The ntpd script, AFAIK, only synchs this box to another boxes time.  I
> can't remember what the package is that lets you set this box up as a time
> server for other boxes...

it seems to me that ntpd does both. But I maybe wrong. I have use one box to
sync with the outside ntpd server (was it ntp.redhat.com ? something like
that), and then use that to sync other boxen who cannot see outside world to
sync with the first box. As far as I recall, I only needed to switch ntpd on

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy