sendmail help "Sender address rejected: Domain not found" masquerade

I have a box on my intranet called nms.intranet.myco.com This host name is resolveable on my internal DNS systems, but is hidden from the outside world by DNS view ACL's.

When a regular user account on this box sends an e-mail using the "mail" command the "FROM" address is "username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". Of course that orginating address has a domain that the receiving SMTP MTA could resolve if it is on my intranet, but if it is on the intranet then DNS will tell it there is no MX record and no A record for that domain name. Many receiving MTA's are now rejecting incomming e-mails where the FROM address domain is not resolveable. This is a relatively new swelling trend, that is in accordance with the RFC's, but in the past wasn't widely enforced.

Anyway, I want to configure sendmail so that outgoing messages from a particular local user will have the FROM address rewritten.

I have tried using genericstable, but it doesn't seem to work right?
Does anybody have a simple solution for this? I don't want to Masquerade the whole domain, I just want a local user's "FROM" address set.

-Ben.