Re: multiple instances of kate (Earl Eiland)

> From: Earl Eiland <eee@xxxxxxx>
> To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: multiple instances of kate
> Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 17:07:23 -0600
>
> I'm using kate to edit port some small programs.  How do I get multiple
> instances of it open, so I can read one and write in the other?
> Earl

Earl --

Using Kate 2.2 on KDE 3.2 you can do the following:

Go to Settings, and click on "Configure Kate"

Under General settings somewhere at the bottom of the page there is a
check box that reads "Allow Kate to use more than one UNIX process". You
want that one checked and then you can have two or more instances of
Kate opened.

Rade