RE: Problem with inbound connections

OK, I included a dump of netstat -tap in netstattap.txt... Just want someone to double check it for me. Also when you say IP address of your host, you mean the ip address of my server, correct?
-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ike Leong
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 7:08 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem with inbound connections

Hello Daniel;

If all checks out okay with 'nestat -tap' and you still cannot get incoming connections try doing:

route add <IP address of your host> <alias name of your nic port/card>

Ike

>From: "Benjamin J. Weiss" <benjamin@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Problem with inbound connections
>Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 08:22:35 -0500
>
>From: "Daniel H. Vickers" <shrekster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > For some reson, I didn't see my other post on this show up on the list, so
> > here goes again.
> > I just installed RH9. I have out bound connections just fine. But no
>inbound
> > connections at all other then webmin. I've tried both by ip and by domain.
> > My host isn't blocking any of the ports cause my windows box is working
>fine
> > on the inbound connections. My hosts.deny and hosts.allow are both empty
> > (defacto from install), my firewall is defacto from setup also. When I was
> > going through the install of RH and it asked about the firewall, I put
>none,
> > so nothing would be blocked and I could setup the way I wanted after I
> > finished the install. All the services I am trying to access work fine
>when
> > i access them localy on the linux box, but not remotely from any computer
> > that I have been able to tell. Services I have been trying to access are
>so
> > far; ssh, telnet, httpd, etc... It's just weird that I can access webmin,
> > but nothing else. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.
>
>Try running:
>
>netstat -tap
>
>This will tell you what services you are running that are bound to ports and
>are listening.  It could be that your services aren't on for some reason.
>
>Ben
>

>--
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 *:1024                  *:*                     LISTEN      1636/
tcp        0      0 netdeals:1025           *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 *:time                  *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 *:echo                  *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 *:smux                  *:*                     LISTEN      1740/snmpd
tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN      1853/
tcp        0      0 *:9098                  *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 *:9099                  *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 *:daytime               *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 netdeals:783            *:*                     LISTEN      1886/spamd -d -c -a
tcp        0      0 *:imap                  *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 *:finger                *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN      1617/
tcp        0      0 *:10000                 *:*                     LISTEN      2104/perl
tcp        0      0 *:http                  *:*                     LISTEN      1907/httpd
tcp        0      0 *:chargen               *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 192.168.0.1:domain      *:*                     LISTEN      1763/
tcp        0      0 c-67-171-246-217:domain *:*                     LISTEN      1763/
tcp        0      0 netdeals:domain         *:*                     LISTEN      1763/
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN      1777/sshd
tcp        0      0 netdeals:ipp            *:*                     LISTEN      1999/cupsd
tcp        0      0 *:telnet                *:*                     LISTEN      1791/xinetd
tcp        0      0 netdeals:smtp           *:*                     LISTEN      1867/
tcp        0      0 netdeals:rndc           *:*                     LISTEN      1763/
tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN      1907/httpd