Re: Network installation with other n/w cards

Jithesh wrote:

Hi all,

I normally do a network installation of Red Hat. But of lately I am
facing some trouble with the network card. Some of the network card
doesn't have support in the boot net image. Eg: via-rhine, rtl8029, etc

How do I get the network card get to be recoginized for network
installation ?

Well, I guess you could create a special boot disk with the required driver(s) on it.

BUT, if I were you?

I would simply get a network card that IS fully compatible with the boot disk, put it in the machine, and install RH that way.

When finished, rip the card back out, and set up the other one.

Seems easier. Or you could leave the fully compatible card in there, compatible cards are like AU$20 or so here. Not worth the time for that kind of money right?

Regards,
Ed.