lftp

I am trying to set up a CRON job that will update my mirror site every night. I figured out how to run lftp which was included in my base install of RHEL.

I am running the transfer now but when I try to access the site that is being updated, I get a server error "Error 500".

I am not sure if this is taxing the server that I am updating and won't let me see anything until the transfer is done or if this process is somehow changing the permissions on my files.

I am thinking that it is just making the server too busy to return pages but I don't know.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks!
--
Donna