Re: Make rescue CD?

You can just use your redhat9 cd 1.
Right at startup, you have the option to go into rescue mode.
The thing will ask you about your language and i think, keyboard and then
basicly go in.
It even offers to mount your linux partitions where it finds a linux
install.
However, for updating a kernel on Redhat9, just install the rpm from
Redhat
using rpm -ihv kernel*.rpm.  It will be added and will become the default
kernel for bootup.  You can still boot with the old kernel if you like.
Regards, Willem