Re: Help needed in Squid ACLs

Harry wrote:

Hey All,
I have done a cool thing with ACLs in squid that stops my users to have access to Mp3s, Sex, etc etc, I have used the following to do this...
acl badURL url_regex -i .exe
acl badURL url_regex -i sex
This works simpy great but now I now I need some portion of my network for eg.my own system with Ip address 10.10.10.50 to have access to these?is there a way to do it?I have read the squid documentation but cant figure how to do it.
Thanks in advance
Harry

I THINK acls in the squid.conf work like a chain, so if you put your address as being able to access anything AFTER the acl regex lines you mention above, it should give you access ?

This is all from memory though, but it wouldn't be a lot of trouble to try it right?

Regards,
ED.