gedit/gnome very slow

Hi,

I installed RH 9 on 10 linux boxes, home directory is mounted via nfs, users are authenticated by LDAP-Server.
Everything looks okay, but:
If users work with gedit and they save their file (on a local directory), gedit freezes for 10 to 20 seconds.
On the other hand Staroffice loads a file from nfs very fast, you don't have to wait for network directories, This problem only appears with gedit.
I have no idea where to look for. As top reports no cpu or memory problem, I think access to nfs or ldap server might cause this slow down.
This problem didn't appear in RH8.0

Any ideas?