Re: Trying to dial into AOL with RH9

Billy Davis wrote:

We have an internal modem installed in a RH9 Server, and
have been trying to dial into AOL.  The server will successfully
dial and connect, but we never get the AOL login screen.
Instead, the Server simply disconnects after a minute or so.
Is it possible to login to AOL with RH9?  If so, what are we
failing to do?

If your AOL is anything like the AOL we have here in Australia, then I'm not sure this can be done. Here in Australia, it's not a 'true' internet, more like an 'internet for dummies', which would be fine, but their whole login process is proprietary, so I'm not sure anybody's written anything like that for Linux.

Regards,
Ed.