Re: How to setup apache+php+mysql?

Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:

Ding Li wrote:

Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:

Ding Li wrote:

How do I know it is running correctly? I used '/etc/init.d/mysqld start' to run mysql.

btw: the error is like this,

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost'
(Using password: NO) in /home/user/public_html/mysql.php on line 8
Could not connect : Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using
password: NO)

What's wrong?

Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:

Ding Li wrote:

Hi,gurus

I am trying to setup a server with apache+php+mysql,but I can only make apache+php work. How to setup mysql and use php to administrate mysql database?

Thanks

is mysqld running?

try mysql -u root -p

I used this command to setup password for root,but I still get the error message.:(

are u using the proper password?

use the system password

try anohter user

get mysqladmin from freshmeat.net and search for it

Your error message would indicate that your password is incorrect.
If you are looking for an easyway to do simple stuff with mysql you could use webmin to I believe.

Bryan