proliant ml570G2 cannot get gigabit card working

Hello;

On a proliant ML570G2 I've installed RH AS 2.1.

This server one built in 100mb lan and a dual port lan capable of gigabit functionality (NC7170)

system can see the dual port gigabit lan card and I can also make it work with 100mb lan.

But this card will not work on a gigabit lan connection.  The link light on the gigabit card is correct (orange for gigabit).   I know the gigabit lan is good because I can connect it to
a windows system with a gigabit lan and it works there.

I've installed the latest Proliant Support Pack for the gigabit lan and still does not work.

Any hints would be appreciated.

thanks much;
Ike Leong

Lose those love handles! MSN Fitness shows you two moves to slim your waist.