Where the heck is uuencode?

This old man has a need to get some large files off a LAN orphaned machine.
The machine does not have CD/W capability.
"No problem", says I, "just use uuencode and split, put it on floppys,
transfer, join and uudecode".
So I sits at my Red Hat 8.0 orphaned machine and ...

[root@valencia work]# uuencode vetc.tar.gz
bash: uuencode: command not found

"No way", says I, so ... i do

[root@valencia work]# find / -name uuencode -print

thinking that uuencode might not be on the default path.  NADA.

I know Red Hat is changing the distribution to meet its commercial "sell
support" outlook but something this basic???

So ... is this in some RPM that is not installed default that has
uuencode/uudecode?
Is there some new utility to take binaries to split files and rejoin after
transfer on floppys?

Clue me.

john
John N. Alegre                   o