Re: WinXP & RedHat co-existence nightmare.

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:15:05 -0500, Donald Tyler <dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I added it.
OK I had a situation when I did the same.
In my case my CD /DVD writer insisted on being Master on the secondary IDE cable no matter what
It's jumpers were set to.
That made things go real slow. Like the part 2 grub loader taking 2 or more minutes.
Once I had made it Master and the read only drive slave everything worked.
The added drive was slave on the primary IDE but all the drives were slow to do anything.
Been using it XP / RHEL3 WS for nearly 6 months now.
YMMV

Regards Roger

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/