Can Openoffice 1.1.1 macro run a script from shell?

Downloaded the last openoffice 1.1.1 and was surprised by the improvements of macro-building.

First I have to say I am pretty green about Basic scripts, so I did as I would do in ms-Word and use the macro-recorder.

Let us say I have a user want to save directly do a diskette. You have a Openoffice macro in basic:

REM  *****  BASIC  *****
sub Main
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
rem define variables
dim document   as object
dim dispatcher as object
rem get access to the document
document   = ThisComponent.CurrentController.Frame
dispatcher = createUnoService("com.sun.star.frame.DispatchHelper")
dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:SaveAs", "", 0, Array())
end sub

Is it possible before saving the document to have a line that calls bash-shell 'mount /mnt/floppy' ? And after the document is saved 'umount /mnt/floppy'?
Or is it completely impossible to connect OpenOffice basic scripts to bash-shell