RH9 Install Crashes

Hello,

Trying to install redhat9 on one of my older computers. It's a Pentium II @ 450MHz.
While trying a graphical install, installer crashes when trying to start X (no matter what graphics card I put into it).
While trying a text based install, installer crashes when preparing to copy rpms.
Tried also to install rh9 on the computer's hard disk, but on another computer, but then when inserting the hard disk in the afore mentioned "crashy" one, Linux crashes at the end of boot process (don't know exactly when, can't read it), but it says "Killing interrupt handler".

Windows 2000 and Windows 98 both install and run perfect in this box, but would like to put Linux into it.

Any hints please?

Thanks,
Leo.

PD: I Installed RH9 on an older Pentium200 with no problem at all.