Re: sendmail relay again

At 11:12 3/10/2004, you wrote:
I didnt get any proper answer on my earlier posting, so I'll try again.
What do people do for machines on the local network to use the sendmail program on the linux server?
I have applied hostname or/and IP RELAY
in the /etc/mail/access file and rebuild the database.
restarted sendmail and it didnt work.

I'm fairly certain I *did* reply to that post. In any event, I suggest removing any hostnames and/or IP addresses you hvae added to /etc/mail/access. Then follow the instructions in the "Sendmail SMTP AUTH HOWTO" on my website:

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux

Should get you going and completed in under 15 minutes. 7,000 readers so far and counting, so I know it works.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com