Re: having trouble finding packages...

Hello Pete,

Thanks very much for your response. I found the rpm's in question on the Red Hat 9 installation CDs. The packages are mikmod-3.1.6-20.i386.rpm, usermode-1.67-2.i386.rpm, and usermode-gtk-1.67-2.i386.rpm. HOWEVER, when I went to install these packages I got messages saying that they were already installed. But when I go through the "add packages" routine on the RH 9 installation disk, and select the kernel development package for installation, I still get this error message saying "The following packages could not be found on your system. Installation cannot continue until they are installed" and then listing redhat-config-securitylevel, etc. I'm mystified. Since these packages are installed on my system, why is the installation procedure telling me that they are not?

Thanks,
Eric

Sorry, I got off in the wrong direction and didn't actually answer your
question. You want to look on the CD's for rpm's of:
usermode  (securitylevel  & redhat-config-printer-gui)
mikmod  (libmikmod.so.2)

The actual rpm name will depend on what RH version your running.

--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce