Re: RH Fedora network interfaces

At 18:58 2/18/2004, you wrote:
I have full connectivity. Do a full shutdown, boot up
again, everything works PERFECTLY. Cool. Do a warm-reboot - and we're back to
square one - Fedora comes up with the same exact message, e100 device cannot
find eth0 / eth1, and manually trying to bring these interfaces up with ifup
eth0 / ifup eth1 results in... nothing (same error message as during bootup
about missing e100 devices).

Check with Intel, the mobo maker, or the server supplier? Possible hardware problem? Does this work with older RH OS's or any other OS's (i.e. is it Fedora-specific)?

I've had some fair experience building boxen and I've never seen this problem before, or anything like it... so I'm concerned that it might actually be hardware-related (or PROM/BIOS-related).

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com