RE: How to get RPMs without up2date?

Hello,

I have a RHN account and a subscription to the RHEL3ES channel. I want  to
download the available update RPMs via wget on a nightly basis (not using
up2date).

My internal R&D machines (various flavors of Linux) are firewalled from
external (internet) access.  I have a separate machine that lives on edge of
my network that scans for new RPMs on several different sites.  It downloads
them and makes them available internally via an NFS mount.

So, since I have an RHN account name and password that can be used for
authentication purposes I should be able to use wget to retrieve the RPMs
for the channels I am subscribed to under HTTPS.

The goal is to be able to do this automatically (via cron) at night from a
server which is not the target machine for the update RPMs.  Something like
this:

  wget -c -N
https://user:password@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/download/rhn/private/rhel3-rhd
b/i386/RPMS/*.rpm

Can we get this to work?   I can always write a perl/python/php script
spider/robot  to traverse the RHN web site and do this work, but I was
hoping for a simple, community friendly, mechanism.  What say you?
-- redhat-list mailing list unsubscribe
mailto:redhat-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe

I use a similat method for our in-house servers
wget -c -N -x -I urls.txt

contents of urls.txt are:
ftp://anonymous:bob@xxxxxxxxxxx/linux/redhat/updates/9/en/os/i386/*rpm
ftp://anonymous:bob@xxxxxxxxxxx/linux/redhat/updates/6.2/en/os/i386/*rpm
ftp://anonymous:bob@xxxxxxxxxxx/linux/redhat/updates/7.2/en/os/i386/*rpm

the -x option will recreate the folder structure on your own server
michael anaya