Re: Sendmail error

At 11:19 2/17/2004, you wrote:
I'm showing my age here, but user%host1@xxxxxxxxx should be valid.  I
used to do this many years ago, and in fact, a Google search found this
address for me: Wilts%CaVax.AB.CA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Those postings were from
1989.  I had some pretty gross e-mail connectivity back then, but the
stuff did work.

That's a Bitnet address, though, which was different. VAXes and UUCP also had different addressing back then (haven't seen a bang-path address in years). What should work is user+detail@host in virtusertable. As I said before, I know the % has some function in the virtusertable as far as wildcards, but I could not at this time describe exactly how it /should/ be used.

What I am pretty confident about is that the OP's use of "user%domain" is not correct.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com