From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Fortner
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 11:49 AM
To: Red Hat Support List
Subject: RE: Samba question
Hi Corey,

In your smb.conf file find the section that configures this public share and add this line to that section:

create mode 0777

This will assign 777 permissions to any files or directories created within that share.

Tom

Thomas S. Fortner
Burleson, Texas
thomas.fortner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"but we preach Christ crucified..."  1 Corinthians 1:23

This is probably a basic question, but I'm having some trouble with a RedHat 9 server running both Samba and Netatalk.  One user on a PC can create a folder and put files in it, but other users on Macs cannot access the folder or r/w/x any of the files inside.  The folder is simply created via Windows inside a share already setup in both Samba and Netatalk.  Is there something to set somewhere that will keep the permissions set to 777 for these public folders without me doing a chmod -R every couple days?

Thanks!
Corey