Re: Help: Unable to setup LAN for Linux and WinXp systems

well without samba it won't show up in explorer

as for ssh and telnet you cannot use a netbios name unless samba is running
and make sure you have ssh and telnet allowed[root@zeus xinetd.d]# cat telnet
# default: on
#       unencrypted username/password pairs for authentication.
service telnet
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream