authentication using apache as a proxy

hi, i'm new using linux and i installed apache and tomcat together but using apache as a proxy to redirect a few requests to tomcat. The thing is thas I use mod_auth to restrict a few folders to users, but how can I pass the user "session" to tomcat when i redirect so double validation is not necessary? Maybe this is impossible or incredibly simple, sorry, i'm really new at this.

Thx for your help

Ing.Baltasar Carames

Alinea Software Solutions