Re: Repartitioning full HD, ntfs <-> ext3

Rade Trimceski wrote:

Hey guys (and girls? :)_) --

I have a fully populated ext3 partition mounted on /. On the same HD I
have plenty of room on an ntfs partition. Is there any way (without
loosing data) to resize the partitions, i.e. take some chunk from the
ntfs one and expand the ext3 partition mounted on /. I know I can create
another ext3 partition but what if I don't want to do that. I have
almost any tool available to me under winxp, like partition magic etc
etc.

Thanks a lot,
Rade

If your Partition Magic is recent enough, you should just be able to use that. I've resized ext3 partitions with it a few times with no problem.

The only reason I say recent is because slightly older versions only supported ext2. There is a way around that problem too, but requires more hassle.

Regards,
Ed.