Re: Tcp_wrappers logging

On February 3, 2004 11:27 am, Shaw, Marco wrote:
> RedHat 7.2
>
> Can I get tcp_wrappers to log absolutely everything including things
> accepted and dropped?  I tried a *.* entry in syslog.conf, but that didn't
> do it.
>
> Is it possible with the RedHat provided RPMs, or is some hacking required?
>
> Marco

You probably want to use iptables (or ipchains) to do the logging, even if
that is the only rule. Not all services are compiled to use tcpwrappers (too
bad) but everything passes through iptables/ipchains.
have a look at www.netfilter.org

you should be able to use the rpms on the cd's but newer ones (advised) should
be easy to find as well.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce