display problems - help

Hello,

I set-up redhat 9 working with two monitors and it was working fine. Why
tinker? I hear you ask.

The problem..
I upgraded my video card to a nvidia fx500 and everything has gone to pot.
I seemed to mess up everything trying to install the drivers and resorted to
reloading the whole of redhat hoping that it would all be simple.

>From my install disc I couldn't get a graphical install so I did a text
based install.

Selected the driver for nvidia fx series.

Now the computer will not boot past the 'starting firstboot' stage and my
monitor goes dead saying no signal. I don't seem to be able to get to the
command prompt.

Please help.
Thanks
Howard