Re: Change directory to a symlink: rsycn got confused

On 08:52 28 Jan 2004, Reuben D. Budiardja <techlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| I am using rsync to do a minimal backup, by synchronizing a certain directory
| (/home/httpd) from machine webserver to another machine (backup) every night.
| At some point, our developer changed the directory structure in the
| webserver. He removed some directory, and instead make it a symlink to
| another directory.

I think this got fixed in the recently released rsync 2.6.0.  Build it
and see if it's better. You need it at both ends (well, at least the
end that still has the directory).

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

...but C++ gloggles the cheesewad, thus causing a type conflict.
        - David Jevans, jevans@xxxxxxxxx