Re: RHEL 3.0 jvm problem

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 07:46, Geoff Rainey (DSLAK) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed rhel 3.0 on an ibm x series 345 server with a fibre channel
> controller card.
> An IBM proprietry product called MSJ (management suite java) is the
> configuration agent
> to configure the Host Bus Adapter card.
> When I attempt to install the MSJ agent, I get the following error :
> --------------------------------
> Error occurred during initialisation of VM
> Unable to load native library:
> /tmp/install.dir.6104/Linux/resource/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol
> __libc_waitpid,
> version GLIBC__2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
> --------------------------------
>
> All references I have found state this is because of the enhancements to
> NPTL (native posix thread library) to rhel 3.0,
> and to correct this, set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to an older version of the kernel,
> but this does nothing - error still exists.
>
> Any idea of a possible solution to this?

You may wish to try running with the environment variable

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

set.  This has fixed NPTL related issues for me in various cases.

If this doesn't work, you may also wish to try posting on the "taroon"
list of Red Hat since that is the RHEL-V3 list.

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.