Re: Installation Probs - arghhh!!!

Guys

Im still having problems with this. I found a semi-official BIOS that 'supposed' to fix loads of issues. Ive (reluctantly) flashed the BIOS but the problem's still there. I also downloaded Fedora to see if the problem was to do with my disc or old drivers - still the same.

Ive noticed that I dont always get the same errors nor does it crash/hang at the same point during installation. I even got as far as formatting the HDD but it crashed out just before it starting installing RPMs. Sometimes the machine will just reboot and other times it will give errors when starting anaconda relating to gibc. Ive tried everything i can think of and the only thing I can think of is the RAM but Ive tried 1/2/3 sticks at a time and they all pass memtest.

Im also pretty sure that the problem is not heat related.

I also found out the IDE controller, its a HPT366 controller -I think it does RAID also - any known problems under linux?

I'm getting really frustrated - can someone point me in the right direction?

Jeff